*Worm control guidelines advise that monthly treatment minimises the risk of patent infections with Toxocara spp, and that prevention of angiostrongylosis can be achieved with monthly administration of macrocyclic lactones (Worm Control in Dogs and Cats, ESCCAP Guideline 01 Third Edition – July 2017).
2. EMA. Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC): NexGard Spectra chewable tablets for dogs (afoxolaner and milbemycin oxime). European Medicines Agency, London.
12. Morgan ER, Tomlinson A, Hunter S, Nichols T, Roberts E, Fox MT, Taylor MA. Angiostrongylus vasorum and Eucoleus aerophilus in foxes (Vulpes vulpes) in Great Britain. Vet Parasitol 2008;154:48–57.
13. Taylor CS, Garcia Gato R, Learmount J, Aziz NA, Montgomery C, Rose H, Coulthwaite CL, McGarry JW, Forman DW, Allen S, Wall R, Morgan ER. Increased prevalence and geographic spread of the cardiopulmonary nematode
Angiostrongylus vasorum in fox populations in Great Britain. Parasitology 2015;142:1190–1195.
14. McCarthy G, Ferrand M, De Waal T, Zintl A, McGrath G, Byrne W, O’Neill EJ. Geographical distribution of Angiostrongylus vasorum in foxes (Vulpes vulpes) in the Republic of Ireland. Parasitology 2016;143:588-593.
15. Lebon W, Tielemans E, Rehbein S, Dumont P, Yoon S, Beugnet F, Jeannin P, Larsen D, Halos L. Monthly administrations of milbemycin oxime plus afoxolaner chewable tablets to prevent Angiostrongylus vasorum infection in
dogs. Parasit Vectors 2016;9:485.
NexGard Spectra® is a prescription only medicine. This site is provided as an information service for veterinary professionals. Please tick ‘I’m a veterinary professional’ to confirm that you are a veterinary professional (e.g. veterinary surgeon, veterinary nurse or