*Worm control guidelines advise that monthly treatment minimises the risk of patent infections with Toxocara spp, and that prevention of angiostrongylosis can be achieved with monthly administration of macrocyclic lactones (Worm Control in Dogs and Cats, ESCCAP Guideline 01 Third Edition – July 2017).
6. Abdullah S, Helps C, Tasker S, Newbury H, Wall R. Ticks infesting domestic dogs in the UK: a large-scale surveillance programme. Parasit Vectors 2016;9:391.
7. Abdullah S, Helps C, Tasker S, Newbury H, Wall R. Prevalence and distribution of Borrelia and Babesia species in ticks feeding on dogs in the U.K. Med. Vet Entomol 2018;32:14–22.
8. Swainsbury C, Bengtson G, Hill P. Babesiosis in dogs. Vet Rec 2016;178:172.
9. Phipps LP, Del Mar Fernandez De Marco M, Hernandez-Triana LM, Johnson N, Swainsbury C, Medlock JM, Hansford K, Mitchell S. Babesia canis detected in dogs and associated ticks from Essex. Vet Rec 2016;178:243–244.
10. Halos L, Lebon W, Chalvet-Monfray K, Larsen D, Beugnet F. Immediate efficacy and persistent speed of kill of a novel oral formulation of afoxolaner (NexGardTM) against induced infestations with Ixodes ricinus ticks. Parasit Vectors 2014;7:452.
11. Dumont P, Blair J, Fourie JJ, Chester TS, Larsen DL. Evaluation of the efficacy of afoxolaner against two European dog tick species: Dermacentor reticulatus and Ixodes ricinus. Vet Parasitol 2014;201:216–219.
NexGard Spectra® is a prescription only medicine. This site is provided as an information service for veterinary professionals. Please tick ‘I’m a veterinary professional’ to confirm that you are a veterinary professional (e.g. veterinary surgeon, veterinary nurse or